Complete Water Solutions provides a wide array of services for Reverse Osmosis Equipment. Whether you purchased it from CWS or from another manufacture, we can provide a wide arrange of services. RO systems used for beverage ingredients and pharmaceuticals ingredients have a few things in common.
SOP’s / Compliance / Service
Using NSF Approved Materials -If you manufacture, sell or distribute water treatment or distribution products in North America, your products are required to comply with NSF/ANSI 61: Drinking Water System Components – Health Effects by most governmental agencies that regulate drinking water supplies. Developed by a team of scientists, industry experts and key industry stakeholders, NSF/ANSI 61 sets health effects criteria for many water system components including:
- Protective barrier materials (cement, paints, coatings)
- Joining and sealing materials (gaskets, adhesives, lubricants)
- Mechanical devices (water meters, valves, filters)
- Pipes and related products (pipe, hose, fittings)
- Plumbing devices (faucets, drinking fountains)
- Process media (filter media, ion exchange resins)
- Non-metallic potable water materials
If you haven’t done so keeping a NSF Cert Book or Log book is a good idea. This helps with verifying and determining that all the products that have been used in your system comply with NSF 61.
Routine or Validated Service Cycle
Most water treatment equipment does not come with a service cycle or a service schedule. Many systems come with a “troubleshooting guide”. Water systems that are used for production should have a set service schedule. These service schedules are to help ensure the quality and safety of water used for production.
Items Included In Service Cycles
- Carbon Change – Changing out carbon beds
- UV Bulbs – Annual Changing Of UV Bulbs, Sleeves & Orings
- RO Pre Filter Changes – Monthly Or Sooner
- RO Membrane Cleaning – Quarterly
- RO Membrane Change Out – 3-5 Years
- Post Filter Change Out – 6 Months
- Cleaning Of Injection Quills Or Replacement – Annually
- Rebuild Chemical Feed Pumps – Annually
- Monitoring Equipment Calibration – Annually
- Rebuilding Of Pre-treatment Equipment – 3 – 5 years
These are just a few examples of some scheduled maintenance to be performed. All maintenance should be recorded and documented along with updating any lot numbers of materials used. Don’t forget to update your NSF Certs at this time should you have changed the product being used.
If you need assistance with SOP’s / Validating or Setting a Service Schedule – Contact Complete Water Solutions
27 Year Of Water Treatment Equipment Experience. I have been blessed with the opportunity to learn from the ground up. Starting in the water treatment field as a service technician. Servicing all major brands of water treatment equipment.