Food- and Biopharmaceutical-grade, Acrylic, Macroporous, Strong Base Anion Exchange Resin for Cane Sugar Decolorization and Biopharmaceutical Processing
AmberLite FPA98 Cl Ion Exchange Resin has been specially designed for the decolorization of liquid sugar syrups. Ion exchange based decolorization technology has been used more effectively and economically than carbon or bone char based technologies. Sugar refiners, soft drink bottlers, and biopharmaceutical manufacturers around the world have installed AmberLite FPA98 Cl to successfully decolorize
AmberLite FPA98 Cl is an acrylic, macroporous, Type I strong base anion resin.
Cane Sugar Decolorization
AmberLite FPA98 Cl Resin is an excellent choice for cane sugar decolorization, offering advantages such as:
– Specially designed for the decolorization of highly colored (> 500 ICUMSA) liquid sugar syrups.
– Excellent desorption of the organic color bodies during regeneration, reducing the fouling associated with other types of resin such as those based on crosslinked polystyrene.
– Excellent physical stability and resistance to osmotic shock
Acrylic AmberLite FPA98 Cl resin can be used as a single component for gross decolorization for highly colored solutions or preceding a styrenic resin such as AmberLite FPA900UPS Cl, AmberLite FPA90RF Cl, or AmberLite FPA90 Cl Ion Exchange Resins, where the styrenic resin is used as a polisher for very low color final products.
AmberLite FPA98 Cl Resin is an excellent resin for the decolorization of high molecular weight organic color bodies in many bioprocessing applications such as natural product extraction and recovery of antibiotics from fermentation broth, offering advantages such as:
– Effective adsorption of high molecular weight organics
– Low organic fouling properties, typical of an acrylic matrix, due to excellent desorption of the organic color bodies during regeneration