Food-grade, Uniform Particle Size, High Capacity, Styrenic, Macroporous, Strong Base Anion Exchange Resin for Cane Sugar Decolorization
AmberLite FPA900UPS Cl Ion Exchange Resin has been specially designed for the decolorization of liquid sugar syrups. Ion exchange based decolorization technology has been used more effectively and economically than carbon or bone char based technologies. Sugar refiners and soft drink bottlers around the world have installed AmberLite FPA900UPS Cl to successfully decolorize sucrose solutions.
AmberLite FPA900UPS Cl is a uniform particle size, styrenic, macroporous, high capacity, Type I strong base anion resin. It is an excellent choice for cane sugar decolorization, offering advantages such as:
– Ready for installation without pre-startup backwashing
– Less resin lift on backwashing, allowing faster flow for better backwash cleaning; this is well-suited for two-compartment designs with limited backwash allowance
– Maximum decolorization efficiency due to the macroporous structure
– Exceptional physical stability, excellent resistance to osmotic shock, and very
good organic fouling resistance
– Uniform particle size distribution, which offers better approximation to plug-flow, facilitating potential OPEX savings from:
– Enhancement of the regeneration process
– Reduced rinsing requirements and waste generation
– Reduced sweet water and evaporation costs
– Minimal losses during backwashing due to the absence of small beads
Styrenic AmberLite FPA900UPS Cl can be used as a single component or following acrylic AmberLite FPA98 Cl Ion Exchange Resin for highly-colored feed solutions.